MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spellchecker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That would be nice Smile
Firefox Toungue
Tikitiki Wrote:Firefox Toungue
The dictionary ability in Firefox 2 is my favourite thing about it. Never again will I make a spelling mistake!!!
Tikitiki Wrote:Firefox Toungue

Toungue

I looked at my site stats thru awstats, only 5 percent use firefox Big Grin Might be better to consider adding a spellchecker. I must say however, FF has some features I much prefer over IE.
I don't think it should. I think that a browser should have this feature instead of all softwares you use should include it. And lets face it, people who wants this should go over to Firefox if they really want it.
Urge your users to download IESpell or the Google Toolbar:
http://www.iespell.com/
http://toolbar.google.com/T4/?rd=f
CraKteR Wrote:And lets face it, people who wants this should go over to Firefox if they really want it.

CraKteR, that comment makes NO sense Toungue Like I could change the overwhelming popularity of IE to millions.Big Grin The 5%'s expect the majority to bow to them, just don't work that way in the real world Big Grin  User friendliness applies across the board to non technical as well as technical users. Most people outside of programming/software forums have very little clue about FF. And if they did, they'd be apprehensive about using FF just because it's outside the norm (fear of change) or just feel scared to perform a technical simple operation like installing a program Or they're just plain happy with IE. Oh, you also can't can't forget about the users that sign-up for internet and install the ISP's software with the ISP's own broswer or version IE in the bundled up nightmare of a program.

IMO this should be a basic feature to MyBB. After all, you have to spell/write to use this software. It's ok to have all these neat features, but if you don't understand what someone is saying what good is it Big Grin I could see a well rounded arguement on both sides here. Maybe a plug-in would be the answer?

Again, it's a suggestion forum and thought I'd add my 2 cents. Thanks.
And btw, I use both IE and FireFox Big Grin Both have their perspective strengths and weaknesses. I also make sure my custom/additional pages work with both browsers.
I must admit, my forum has really picked up steam. I have less time and more to reply at the forum, so when typing an extended post, proof reading gets tedious because I have a lot to answer in PMs and posts each day. That's what made me think of this. Seemed much more convienant to have it in the software. And it's something everyone can take advantage of.
We're not saying YOU have to convince users to move to Firefox. We're just saying that people who want a spell checker should find other alternatives instead of always directly coming to us.
This should be a mod if anything me thinks..

Cheers,
CraKteR.
hemi Wrote:Like I could change the overwhelming popularity of IE to millions.Big Grin The 5%'s expect the majority to bow to them, just don't work that way in the real world
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

It's not 5%, it's 29.9% Toungue
Pages: 1 2