MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help My domian name did expire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey My second domian did expire and know My forum is gone with the domian name.
I have Cpanel and FileZIlla is there anyway to get forum back and change domian?
Yes make a copy of your entire MYBB root folder and Database then come back and tell us when you have it done
What you mean?
Do you still have access to the files (and the "old" server)? By saying that you have filezilla I assume that you have the tool but can't access the server.
Yes i have access but type in My url i cent find the forum
Just copy the entire root directory where all the MYBB forum files are stored, also make backup of your MYBB forum database then we will tell you how to make it work on another domain name!!!!!
Have you already registered a new domain?
Yes bur how do i use it. On My forum now the forum is gone

(2014-01-10, 03:51 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Just copy the entire root directory where all the MYBB forum files are stored, also make backup of your MYBB forum database then we will tell you how to make it work on another domain name!!!!!

Ok i make à database backup and i have the root folder on My computer so now?
go to ./inc folder and open settings.php file find your old domain name (search) and replace with the new one!
For the next step you need to have your database connected!!!
Go to cPanel and add this domain as an add-on domain with public_html root. Once you are done with that you should open inc/settings.php on your server and edit:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".YOURDOMAIN.COM";

Make sure to not include www in yourdomain and don't forget to "." either.

Once you make this change you will be able to log in to your website again to change the cookie settings from the admin panel. Change "Cookie domain" and "Board url" in General Configuration.
Pages: 1 2