MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: two forums one db
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Is it possible to share users of two mybb forums?
Explanation:
Any user registered in forum 'A' will be registered in forum 'B' automatically. And any user registered in forum 'B' will be registered in forum 'A' automatically.

If yes, then can you guide me through the process please?

Thanks!
Yes, I actually see this popping up very often. I for myself don't really get the benefits of such thing, could you - OP - elaborate on why is this useful? I am thinking of doing a MyBB Integration sdk myself, but if this could also benefit many people I'd be up for it.
(2014-01-10, 07:48 PM)Snake_ Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-144681.html
http://community.mybb.com/thread-58674.html
search...

I searched the forum before I post in this thread, but I didn't find any helpful post.
And, about the links you provided here, the first one doesn't include any solution and the second one doesn't include any instructions for the posted solution there.
I'm a newbie in MyBB, so I need some guidance to solve this issue.

Thanks!

(2014-01-10, 08:36 PM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I actually see this popping up very often. I for myself don't really get the benefits of such thing, could you - OP - elaborate on why is this useful? I am thinking of doing a MyBB Integration sdk myself, but if this could also benefit many people I'd be up for it.

Well, I want to make my forum in "Two languages" one is LTR (English) and the other is RTL (Arabic).
I tried to install two languages on my forum (English & Arabic), but when change from English to Arabic, the theme alignment stays in LTR.
So, I read about that and there were two solutions:
1- Make two forums, one for LTR and the other for RTL.
2- Make some changes in "Code" to make that possible.

And, I'm still a newbie in MyBB (PHP & CSS) so I tried to take the easy way (No. 1) as I thought Sad

Therefore I want to know how to share users between these two forums.

I hope you can help me with that.

Thanks!
I can't promise you that I will ever be able to write that plug-in as I am mainly interested in coding the ones which benefit a larger group of people.

The second method could actually be an easier solution because you probably need to add/replace some stuff in the template to get the rtl version work. (include a different css file as a standard)

Can you share the url of your forum with me so that I can take a look?
(2014-01-12, 03:56 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]I can't promise you that I will ever be able to write that plug-in as I am mainly interested in coding the ones which benefit a larger group of people.

Believe me, there are many people looking for such a feature in MyBB because (phpBB, vBulletin) provide (LTR and RTL) without any problems in alignment.
So, it benefits a larger group of people.

(2014-01-12, 03:56 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]The second method could actually be an easier solution because you probably need to add/replace some stuff in the template to get the rtl version work. (include a different css file as a standard)

As I told you before, I'm still a newbie in MyBB (PHP, CSS) and I don't know where to add the stuff you are talking about to get the RTL version work.
I hope you can guide me in this process to make it happen. I'll really appreciate it.

(2014-01-12, 03:56 AM)SentoWeb Wrote: [ -> ]Can you share the url of your forum with me so that I can take a look?

My forum is not complete yet.
I'm confused with the problem of RTL & LTR and I want to figure a solution to it to make the forum work in order for me to publish the forum ASAP.
And I promise you as soon as I publish my forum in (RTL & LTR), I will send you the link of my forum.

Thanks!

Up Up Up
Up up up up up up up ......
Any help I'll appreciate it.

Thanks!

up up up up ...
Hello all,

Please I really need help to solve my issue here.
I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks!
This works well and isn't really that hard:
[Tutorial] Sync your users with another MyBB board
http://community.mybb.com/thread-80412.html