MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sendmail doesn't use 'adminemail' setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear MyBB community,

I am migrating my forum from a Windows-based server to a Trisquel (a Ubuntu-descendant) based one.

One thing I'm struggling with is the email setup: The emails sent by MyBB (using php mail) have an incorrect from field, which seems to be equal to the Trisquel username and computer name running the Apache server [email protected] instead of the setting in settings.php under adminemail.

I found an archived thread about a potentially related problem (which should be fixed by now?) and the documentation says that I should have a look in inc/functions.php:
Quote:If your webhost has restricted that only mails from there own domain is allowed, try to edit the file inc/functions.php. Look for:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

and include above: ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
Then it should look like this:

ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] "); mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

Unfortunately, I could not find a
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
in inc/functions.php...

Where is the relevant line of code now? Or can this be fixed by setting any Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() under Admin -> Configuration -> Settings -> Mail settings?

UPDATE:
To test alternatives, I tried to use the SMTP method instead of PHP mail... but sending mails fails because "The SMTP server does not support any of the AUTH methods that MyBB supports" as found in the System Email Log. Therefore I'm hoping to be able to use the PHP mail.
(2014-01-11, 05:17 AM)FriendFX Wrote: [ -> ]Or can this be fixed by setting any Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() under Admin -> Configuration -> Settings -> Mail settings?
Yes, "-f [email protected]".