MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloaded files to Localhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MYBB,

I've recently downloaded all my files from my server to my local machine because when I installed the forum I wasn't thinking in the future, the future being I was going to add a blog. Right now when visitors go to the website "mysite.com" they go straight to the forums, but I want them to go to mysite.com/blog so eventually I want mysite.com to be the blog and from their go to the forums, I want my blog to be the front page and not the forums.

Anyway, I went to download my files, as of now I added all my files to /forums and the /blog stayed the same. I can access admin console but the password and username I was using is not working. Keep in mind this is on my local machine.

I guess I have a couple of questions, what is the most simplest way to move all files over to a folder like /forums. I downloaded wordpress and wordpress is in blog. So after I am successful with this my next challenge will be to redirect to mysite.com/blog I guess I could use a 301 but that didn't seem to work last time I tried it.

Thank you
If use have installed a copy if your database on localhost then the ACP username/password should be the same
I wasn't able to do what I wanted on my machine but I did it on the server side so it's a win win for everybody! Thanks again mybb. I guess if you guys need to remove this thread you may.