MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBCode (Code) Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I click on the bbcode button "Code" (Insert formatted code)
and paste my code inside and then
I write [/code] instead of clicking on the button again
and mybb adds a [/code] again when I want to post the message.

Just like this:

test code and I write the end tag of the code myself 
and I post the thread
[/code]

EDIT:
And you can see, that mybb added a [/code] Tag again.
It's not a bug. It's MyBB putting the tag in because you didn't press the button again, or the "close tag" button...
But it must control if the code tag is closed or not, it may not add the end tag without checking. This problem can be solved by if code
This is a problem since there can be multiple [code] tags within a message, or other tags for that matter. This is a tricky one. You say if code, I say multiple whiles.. And even then it wouldn't be right.
I think it's a good idea if [code ][/code ] is inserted when you click on "code" botton. The same goes with other BBcodes.
arashpour Wrote:I think it's a good idea if [code ][/code ] is inserted when you click on "code" botton. The same goes with other BBcodes.

Good idea! be sure to reposition the cursor, though, to be inside the tags.
Honestly, are all these changes really necessary for such a small bug?

This is really a user error because if they use the buttons to open a tag, they should use the buttons to close the tag.
I don't call this a bug - just a case where it functions differently than how the user expects it.
Tikitiki's always objecting.lol
Tikitiki Wrote:Honestly, are all these changes really necessary for such a small bug?

This is really a user error because if they use the buttons to open a tag, they should use the buttons to close the tag.

but a good forum software should be able to solve all "user-caused" bugs too I think...
Pages: 1 2