MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Taking Backups automaticly? [HELP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey hey guys Smile

So I lost all my files because the hard drive died of the server.

Is there something for free or something I can do that upload it to dropbox automaticly for back ups?

Maybe set back ups every 2 hours or hour and send it to my email, along with the .sql and the public_html files?
Simply use MyBB database backup function every day to create a new one.
/index.php?module=tools-backupdb&action=backup
(2014-01-13, 12:04 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Simply use MyBB database backup function every day to create a new one.
/index.php?module=tools-backupdb&action=backup

Yes but i'm talking about the WHOLE WEBSITE.

Including the files on the server. Everything.

Not just the .sql.

I want a backup from the public_html, .php and all that crap.
i would not trust some automatic backup script with my files, but it's just me baby. Backup your MYBB root directory with Filezilla FTP once a day if this will make you feel better.
(2014-01-13, 04:28 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]i would not trust some automatic backup script with my files, but it's just me baby. Backup your MYBB root directory with Filezilla FTP once a day if this will make you feel better.

I never used Filezilla FTP. Now I will be moslty alone by myself to run my site. Is there a website where I can see where I can take daily back ups? And yes I'll do it by myself by then once everyday.

I know how to take back ups from Admin Cpanel, not FileZilla.
Check YouTube for tutorials on how to use FileZilla
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...illa&sm=12
(2014-01-13, 04:59 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Check YouTube for tutorials on how to use FileZilla
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...illa&sm=12

Alright thanks.
your host should be making complete site backups for you in case of hardware failure. if not, find a new host