MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Incompatiable with MariaDB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My server specifications are as follows;
  • Debain 7 x64
  • Nginx
  • MySQL with MariaDB drop in
  • PhP - latest version
  • Latest MyBB version
Quote:Supported DB Extensions: None

MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.

Really not entirely sure how it isn't detecting MySQL, all MariaDB does is hype up the engine and make it x10 faster. I can't imagine it is actually causing the problem as I've heard of others use MyBB with MariaBD in the pase.
You haven't installed the MySQL PHP extension.
sudo apt-get install php5-mysql

After restarting the web server (or php-fpm) it should detect it.
Thank you very much guys you appear to have solved my problem. I'm thinking of installing Suhosin on my box in order to give my PhP some more protection, can anyone confirm Suhosin isn't going to conflict with MyBB?
MyBB has code to deal with Suhosin installations. If you encounter any issues we'd be happy to investigate but it shouldn't be a problem.
Note: Suhosin isn't available for the latest PHP versions. (I think >= 5.4)
Thank you once again for the information you've provided. I'll be sure to let you know if I run into any issues in the future.

You may lock this thread now.

Many thanks,

Escrow
(2014-01-14, 06:35 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Note: Suhosin isn't available for the latest PHP versions. (I think >= 5.4)

Exactly right last time I checked. It's certainly not available on 5.5.