MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Typing English in My BB Farsi is so funny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since I run an English Language School and my forum is in Farsi, I want some threads in farsi style (right to left) and some others in English syle (left to right.) because when we write in English in our forum, punctuations like ! . , are very funny (on the left side of an English Sentence.)
[Image: sample.JPG]
Please change post title to some think
more descriptive

I do not think this is possible to do

tdbnz
Hello,

You can easily achieve this with custom MyCode.
Enter your Admin CP, go to Configuration and then select MyCode.
Choose 'Add New MyCode', for the title and description you can type something like 'English Phrase'.

In the 'Regular Expression' box paste this:

\[english\](.*?)\[/english\]

And in the 'Replacement' box paste this:

<div style="direction: ltr">
$1
</div>

Set 'Enabled' to 'Yes' then press 'Save MyCode'.

To use this in a thread, when you want to write a sentence in English, place it between [english][/english] tags like this:

[english]
Hello guys, this is our English sentence!
[/english]
Thank you very much, it worked perfectly!!! Smile but the problem is that I cannot ask all my students to do that ([english] . . . [/english])) is this possible to assign a button like "aligning button" for that? I mean to make it something a little more user-friendly?
^ you can use this method to add a button to the editor
Thank you again! Now with your help, I could make a button for that code. and this is my final question; to make it even better, is this possible to give me the code to align it left
as well as solving the direction problem? so that my students would be able to do both activities (aligning left and direction) by pressing the new customized button.
Edit your MyCode and in the replacement box put this:
<div style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">
$1
</div>
Thank you very much. You have helped me a lot!