MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid Subscriber Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello MyBB,

How about a paid subscriber feature? Like the one VBulletin has where you can setup subscriptions then they are given instant access to the things they were promised right after they pay.
lakings Wrote:Hello MyBB,

How about a paid subscriber feature? Like the one VBulletin has where you can setup subscriptions then they are given instant access to the things they were promised right after they pay.

Like what features? The rolling stones come in and perform for you every time you visit the forum?
Actualy thats not such a bad idea lakings, there could be some instances where you could need people to subscribe to a certain portion of your site or board. For instance i am a member of a forum that is involved with codes and they have something like 60,000 members and have just done exactly what you have suggested to cut down on bandwidth usage. The subscriptions could also help to pay for bandwith if your site has a lot of members.
I think Chris' answer would be something along the lines of "MyBB will always be free".

Also I think badnwidth isn't an issue with Chris, because Donations cover that. Big Grin
I think he's more after a feature that would combine eCommerce transactions to the user-table and then automatically track the transactions and move people to different user-groups with enhanced/enlarged access to the forums (special forums/hidden forums/private forums etc)...

I think this could be useful...it's nothing away from the openness of myBB but rather an enlargement in regards to the features/functions...I don't see a benefit of it though for majority of the people setting up myBB and therefore it would probably be more of a mod than a standard feature...

cheers,
Kimmo
Ohhh... Ohhh... Ohhh...

Sorry, I was thinking about MyBB having its own "paid" section. Now I get what you mean, because in vBulletin 3.x.x you have a subscriptions option in your User CP with the odd options in their... ahhhh I get you.

He He Silly Me ^_^
This would be a nice feature Smile
I'm currently implementing one for my forum and PayPal. I'll let you know how I get on (it may end up being a bit of a bodge to work Wink)
I would look forward for this feature or mod especially if someone makes it work with usergroups in MyBB gold (because users can have multiple user groups I think in that future version).

I would like to set up some sort of paid subscriptions to some forum sections on my forum. Ideally, give members an option to subscribe for 1 month, 3, 6 or 12.

I guess I could set up an e-commerce transaction that could email them a password to each of the forum topics. The problem with this though as I see it is that I would need to monitor every sign up in order to remove their privilages when their subscription period ends.

Any ideas?

Pages: 1 2 3