MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't install plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't install plugins to my site. I have done what many tutorials said to do and it doesn't work. Can someone give me a detailed tutorial we pictures or something? My host is 000webhost.
Check the guide on MyBB docs
http://docs.mybb.com/Plugins.html
(2014-01-18, 05:44 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Check the guide on MyBB docs
http://docs.mybb.com/Plugins.html

I have done that and it still won't show in my plugin manager.

Like can someone give me a step by step tutorial on how to do it. I know it goes into the inc folder then plugins but when I drop it in the plugins nothing shows up in the plugin manager.
im still having problems
It may vary from plugin to plugin. However, every developer provides a documentation on how to install their plugins.

Usually, you would upload the plugin's files in the same folders they are located in the plugin's package. So, if the structure looks like this:
  • inc
    • plugins
      • example.php
      • Example
        • class_123.php
    • languages
      • english
        • example.lang.php

you would need to upload the files in their exact locations.

MyBB handles plugins by their position. Every .php file present in /inc/plugins is "required" by PHP on every page load and a check is performed: usually if the "*_is_installed" function - basically, something that tells MyBB whether if the plugin is active or not - returns true the plugin is active and will have its effects on your Forum. Note that "*" is the codename of the plugin which is identified as the file's name. (eg.: example.php has codename example, and the function would be example_is_installed).

If a .php file hasn't got that function (and others, like "*_install", "*_uninstall*, "*_activate", "*_deactivate"), the plugin won't be included in the active plugins list and won't have any effect.

So, if you want to know if you have uploaded properly a plugin, firstly check if its author has released a documentation on how to install it, then check if you have uploaded all the files in the correct locations.

You might check also for the plugin's code if those functions I have mentioned above are present or not. If not present, it's likely that you have uploaded the plugin's files in the wrong folders.