MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 3 Link Limit Per Post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a setting that limits the number of links per post, but can't seem to find one.

Specifically, I've been trying to create a "sticky" on my forum with a bunch of links in it, but I get an error when I add a fourth link.

Is there a 3-link limit for posts? And if so, where can I change that setting?

And if there is NOT a link limit, what do you suppose my problem is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Forgot to add, I've tested various posts, and it does not seem to matter what the links are or how I add them -- as soon as I try to add a fourth link, I get the "Forbidden" error message.

Again, I'd really appreciate your help. Do others face this limitation, or is it something specific to my site?
I'm running a forum with the Namecheap.com host (cPanel, MyBB installed via softaculous) and I've got this exact problem too. 3 links work just fine, but once I add a 4th link I get this error:

--
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/editpost.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--

Pretty strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running MyBB 1.6.11

-Phil
MyBB never sends a 403 in such a way, if at all by default. Perhaps it's a security mechanism or IDS causing problems?
Philhassey -- My hosting is with Namecheap as well! I don't recall if I used softaculous, but it seems pretty likely that I used it through cpanel. I'll go poke around in cpanel and see if I can learn anything. And maybe I'll try namecheap support. If you're working on this problem as well, please let's compare notes. This is really frustrating me.

Nathan -- Thanks for the reply. Sounds like more confirmation that philhassey and I are facing something peculiar to namecheap. If you have any further ideas on how we might troubleshoot this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Update:

I just finished online chat with Namecheap hosting support. I described the problem and they fixed it pretty quickly. I asked what the problem was and the response was "It was mod_security that was blocking this activity." Nathan had it right.

Anyway, I've tested it up to five links so far with no problem. With luck, there will be no further issues. I'll let you all know if anything else comes up.

Thanks again!
I was able to get this resolved as well.

"It was caused by mod_security. Adding more than 3 links is considered to be a suspicious activity, the corresponding mod_security rule was disabled for your account." - Namecheap.com support.

Thanks for the help!
-Phil
Glad you got it sorted. Smile