MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server's been down, now nobody can post!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My website guy has been doing something to his server over the weekend (I'm not sure what, I'm not a techie) and now the forum is back up nobody can post or PM. I tried a test post and got this error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error: 1062 - Duplicate entry '71255' for key 'PRIMARY' Query: INSERT INTO mybb_posts (tid,replyto,fid,subject,icon,uid,username,dateline,message,ipaddress,longipaddress,includesig,smilieoff,visible,posthash,mobile) VALUES ('261','7406','3','RE: Wot no tele thread?','0','12','Magenta','1390214147','Test','82.22.43.148','1377184660','1','0','1','6bfe5f2981bbefa1bf317859d37f135d','0')

I can't get hold of him now and wondered if I can fix this myself? I'm hoping it's very very easy.... We are running version 1.6.2, I've asked him if he could update it but he maintains it's not necessary and I'm not confident enough to do it myself, not even sure if I can as although I have Admin access he has the master password (plus I am a techno idiot).

Can anyone help me by giving instructions in words of one syllable?!

Thanks in advance!
Your tables are damaged, at the very least they have a wrong AUTO_INCREMENT value.
(2014-01-20, 11:38 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Your tables are damaged, at the very least they have a wrong AUTO_INCREMENT value.

I don't really know what that means... I presume I can't fix it myself? Is it fixable at all?
Try running following command in SQL tab of PHPMyAdmin window:
REPAIR TABLE `mybb_posts `
(2014-01-20, 03:36 PM)adi19 Wrote: [ -> ]Try running following command in SQL tab of PHPMyAdmin window:
REPAIR TABLE `mybb_posts `

Thanks guys. My tech bloke got back to me in the end so all is sorted. I don't have access to fix the above so just as well!
(2014-01-20, 10:52 AM)Magenta Wrote: [ -> ]We are running version 1.6.2, I've asked him if he could update it but he maintains it's not necessary

He is wrong and you really, really should update. 1.6.2 was released near the start of 2011, the latest version is 1.6.12. In that time there have been hundreds of bugs and security issues fixed.