MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Adsense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been thinking about adding ads from Google Adsense to my forums. But I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a chance of getting banned from AdSense by doing this.

The reason I ask is because I see a lot of people put their adds in their header and footer. But I read this quote below and I'm wondering if it would kind of be the same thing.

Quote:In “Google AdSense for Content,” Google crawls each web page on your site to decide which ads Google should display on that site. Ideally, Google would compute the perfect ad for every web page on the site, based on the words on that page.

This makes sense for blog posts, which rarely change very much once they’ve been published. But our online games aren’t really like that. Each time a player clicks the “Next” button, we turn to the next page of the story, which looks completely different from the previous page of the story.

Google may have noticed that our average user spends at least fifteen minutes on one page of our site, and thought: “Hey, that looks pretty suspicious.”

If the ads were in the header or footer, wouldn't it make the page different everytime a person clicks on a thread?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense..
Well, what do you mean? Like for example, if you put the code in the footer, and visit this exact thread, it's still gonna be /thread-150196.html, the code will just load on everypage. If you are unsure about impliment ads to your forum, check the mods database. There are quite a few ad managers that do it for you.

As far as I know, No one has been banned for that though.
Google Ad sense takes too long to make money. They like to ban you for no reasons or near your payout. You should find other advertiser too.
Try CasaleMedia. They have rates that meet or exceed AdSense. I've been using them for a few months now.
Friendly reminder about Adblock Plus. Haven't seen ads in a while Big Grin
(2014-03-15, 08:28 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Friendly reminder about Adblock Plus. Haven't seen ads in a while Big Grin

Friendly reminder that using Adblock Plus really hurts the person who's trying to use those ads to pay their hosting bills. Big Grin
(2014-03-25, 02:22 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-15, 08:28 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Friendly reminder about Adblock Plus. Haven't seen ads in a while Big Grin

Friendly reminder that using Adblock Plus really hurts the person who's trying to use those ads to pay their hosting bills. Big Grin

Friendly reminder you shouldn't be solely reliant on Ads to pay your bills.

If you can't afford to pay your hosting bill your site is a hobby and not a business and as such should paid out of pocket with ads topping up your wallet from time to time. As is adblock only blocks ads if you have more then one or specifically go through the trouble of blocking all ads. You should probably look into accepting donations and if you still can't break even than you aren't trying hard enough.

But to op ads in the footer are a terrible design concept. I personally prefer to implement them below the first post, if the user has read that far they are likely to click for a "solution" offered by the ad. Header ads work ok also.

ETA: Not being a apricot, but tired of seeing people complain about some adblocking when they think its reasonable to put ads all over there site.
(2014-03-27, 03:41 PM)LostGnome Wrote: [ -> ]

If you can't afford to pay your hosting bill your site is a hobby and not a business and as such should paid out of pocket with ads topping up your wallet from time to time.

I disagree, you should pay your bill, regardless and the ads should be a small re-imbursement