MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Plugin Hooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if there is any, but it seems like the places to run plugins in the ACP is very limited. For instance, there is

$plugins->run_hooks("admin_forums_add");

BUT it is run before everything is really set up. If you want to add new items to the add forums thing, you can't really do it well. Perhaps you could put a few more hooks into the ACP to make it easier for additions.
Agreed. I've been using the Admin CP hooks for 2 or 3 plugins now and they have never been in the place where I want them to be Toungue
DennisTT Wrote:Agreed. I've been using the Admin CP hooks for 2 or 3 plugins now and they have never been in the place where I want them to be Toungue

I noticed in the User Permissions mod, the added ones are in a very funny placeToungue
As we get a new Admin CP now I don't see the point of doing it in the old one so, I'll wait and review the placement of them when I have a change to do so.
nickman Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:Agreed. I've been using the Admin CP hooks for 2 or 3 plugins now and they have never been in the place where I want them to be Toungue

I noticed in the User Permissions mod, the added ones are in a very funny placeToungue

Yup that's an example Wink. It's not possible to use the hook to add the new field to the existing form.
Well, one of the most important thing in AdminCP usually is adding "custom fields" to user permissions. That's very important for many mods since you have to allow/disallow certain groups from using some specific features.
One place that doesn't have any is the Lite/Archive mode, which is kinda annoyingBig Grin
nickman Wrote:One place that doesn't have any is the Lite/Archive mode, which is kinda annoyingBig Grin
The point of the Lite (Archive) Mode is to produce a quick loading and "stripped down" version of the forum for people with network problems or slow connections. If you let people have plugins in it everything gets slower.
yes, but for somethings they need to be there. Like for my Post required to view this forum, you can just cheat your way in, because I can't get any blocks in there without file edits, and thats not good. Surely, one mysql query won't slow it down it that much....
I hate bumping threads, but this one I really have to. I really think archive mode needs hooks. I think many places need more hooks, but at the very least archive mod. For instace archive_thread_start or something like that. Atleast 3 of my mods have to require file edits, because there is no way of doing anything with archive mode currently.
Pages: 1 2