MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't access Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
please check my edit Sad

i also need to point out that in this table theres an option to create a new table so i can re-create it and it also asks for number of fields so i will need to know this info.
i guess i need a way to keep this table locked so my ip wont be written onto it each time?
No the DELETE command is different from DROP.

You'll need to recreate the table with the following SQL:

Can you run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
CREATE TABLE mybb_adminsessions (
	sid varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
	uid int unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
	loginkey varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
	ip varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
	dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0',
	lastactive bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0'
) TYPE=MyISAM;
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)
ok i actually have a SQL tab just like one of the pictures u linked in phpmyadmin so im not sure if i need that, i copied the code and put it there, pressed Go and then i checked the table again, and mybb_adminsessions is there. now what do i do ?

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7306/ats6.jpg

theres a screenie
Try logging into the Admin CP. If it still doesn't work, check the other thread I posted in one of my previous posts, where Tikitiki will post a solution.
yea it still doesn't work Sad i tried browsing another table and my ip is ALL over that place :| i guess it checks to compare my ip with an instance of another table.

is mybb new or is this a new problem ? it seems like something that should be thought out from the beginning Sad

also, as im new to this, i gave phpbb a go first and the setup was a bit messed so i went to mybb, i was wondering if mybb's one of the more popular and recommended bb's, and what does bb mean anyway ? Smile
KoMoDo Wrote:yea it still doesn't work Sad i tried browsing another table and my ip is ALL over that place :| i guess it checks to compare my ip with an instance of another table.

is mybb new or is this a new problem ? it seems like something that should be thought out from the beginning Sad
The administrator sessions is a new feature in the 1.2.x series. It was designed to make the Admin CP more secure. It works for most users though, with an IP that is the same for more than an hour >.>
KoMoDo Wrote:also, as im new to this, i gave phpbb a go first and the setup was a bit messed so i went to mybb, i was wondering if mybb's one of the more popular and recommended bb's, and what does bb mean anyway ? Smile

BB means bulletin board.

Of course I and most of the people here would recommend MyBB. The popularity of MyBB is gradually increasing as people get to know it.
and is there such a big difference between all these BB's? it seems theres like 1 BB made for every 10 users Smile i guess its "easy" to code an can create a community.

anyhow, is there a way i can just eliminate this mess?
im trying to install phpmyadmin via /scripts/setup.php and its a total mess. firstly it says:
"Can not load or save configuration
Please create web server writable folder config in phpMyAdmin toplevel directory as described in documentation. Otherwise you will be only able to download or display it."

so im not even sure i did it right, and secondly theres a "Server:Add" button, when i go there theres a LOT of information im not sure what to fill, and besides i dont think i even need this.
if ill ever set up my own host with Apache, and install mysql, php, and know my stuff, i guess ill install this to access my database (i guess this is similar to MS Access) but as i said i think i have what i need with phpnet's cpanel if you can check the screenie i linked to in the previous page, i think thats all i really need, if phpmyadmin is that useful, and since i already uploaded it onto my webspace (it was only like 1.5 mb but because there are SO many files it sure took quite a while) maybe ill mess around with it if i can get some help or just figure it out on my own.

for now, im gonna hit the hay, catch you tomorrow, and mucho gracias for the help m8 Smile
You already have phpMyAdmin installed, as you've shown in the screenshot. I'm not sure what you're trying to do now.

Just watch the other thread for Tikitiki's solution.
Hi,

You can change the setting for how much of an IP address must match the original login IP address for the Admin CP by opening up admin/global.php and finding:
// Here you can change how much of an Admin CP IP address must match in a previous session for the user is validated (defaults to 3 which matches a.b.c)
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 3);

Change the 3 on the second line (defeine("....) to something like 2 and see if it works properly. If it doesn't change it to 1.

Example:
// Here you can change how much of an Admin CP IP address must match in a previous session for the user is validated (defaults to 3 which matches a.b.c)
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 2);

This will solve your problem.
Chris = cheater

took my solution Sad
Pages: 1 2 3