MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way, that members can't change the forum given "User Titles" and the members can put their own User Titles just below the stars images.

Eg.

this title is given by the forum ----> New Gamer
Images of stars ----> *******
members own user title ----> MYBB is the best

Something like this, just to add a place for members own user title below the stars Smile
Sure. Add a new custom profile field called Custom User Title, and then you can add {$post['fidX']} (x being the number of the profile field)

And add it to the postbit_author_user something like this:

{$post['usertitle']}<br />
{$post['userstars']}<br />
{$post['fid6']}<br />

(you can use that, just change the ['fid6'] 6 number to the number of the custom profile field "Custom Usertitle" Smile

Good luck! Smile
Where do i add the {$post['fidX']} part, it is in the New Custom Profile Field option?
No, add it to the Postbit > postbit_author_user template Wink
But now i have two Custom User Title box.... i want only one box for it Smile
Actually, if you want to keep the User Titles set by the forum, in the listing of all your groups. There is an option called "Can Use Custom User Titles", set that option to no and repeat that for all the groups that you don't want the accessibility to change it. Then do what Firefox said Smile.
Edit the usergroup, and disable the permission to "Can Use Custom Usertitles" or something to that extent.

Also please note when you directly use $post['fidX'] if the user (malaciously) inputs HTML code into the custom profile field, the browser will parse the HTML code. Therefore, it is recommended you escape the HTML using the modification here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13797