MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DB backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running a forum and I would like to have daily database backup downloaded automatically to the folder on my computer (or other devices if I decide so)

I don't want to actually do anything about it if that's possible, just to set it somehow and forget about it...

Is there any way that I accomplish this?

Thanks a lot!
First, break it into 2 parts
1) Making the backup
2) Getting it to your computer

1a) Shared or VPS?
1b) There are many options (command line is easy, once you learn it, or use a simple script/utility/"Google it") ... Here is one example for db backups: phpMysqlAutoBackup – the easy way to backup your MySQL data

2a) Is your computer always on?
2b) The above link has a "FTP backup file to remote server" (note: try to use Sftp, since regular is not secure) and the email (attachment) option can be disabled.
2c) There are other ways (i.e WinSCP can be automated)

Have fun...
(2014-01-24, 08:50 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]First, break it into 2 parts
1) Making the backup
2) Getting it to your computer

1a) Shared or VPS?
1b) There are many options (command line is easy, once you learn it, or use a simple script/utility/"Google it") ... Here is one example for db backups: phpMysqlAutoBackup – the easy way to backup your MySQL data

2a) Is your computer always on?
2b) The above link has a "FTP backup file to remote server" (note: try to use Sftp, since regular is not secure) and the email (attachment) option can be disabled.
2c) There are other ways (i.e WinSCP can be automated)

Have fun...

thanks for your answer. I installed a Ultimate Backup Utility plugin. I was wondering can I somehow transfer the files to my dropbox folder using ftp?