MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FIle Verification Page - Clearing list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

So basically I've removed the akismet,and hello world plugin from my new installed MyBB but in the Admin CP - Tools & Maintenance - FIle Verification the missing files will appear there. My question is how do I remove them from there so they don't appear to be missing because those files aren't very important.
And why do you want to remove them from there? Ignoring their existence in the list is the best option. I don't know why would anyone care that they appear there.
I just wanna find out how because I run a big enough forum and it's been compromised once and I have more files that have been tampered with so I want to keep the list clean. Is it possible or not. I thought support was supposed to help the person in need of help not decline it.
But you know this is voluntary support forum and people don't need to answer you at all? Keep that in mind. Not helping with things which are against common sense or a complete time waste is quite normal.

And no, it isn't possible because this file is checked and you can't edit it: http://www.mybb.com/checksums/release_mybb_1612.txt Still, even if it was possible, I see no point in doing this. It won't help with security in any way. Also, you should be able to easily remember that you removed these files, not a hacker.
Your only option would be to modify the file which deals with verifying the integrity of your installation, and by doing so it would show that file as modified too. It's a chicken-egg problem.

As Destroy666 said, your best bet is just to ignore those files. Sometimes what you want to do just isn't possible therefore providing alternatives is the best course of action.