MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: From 1.6.08 to 1.6.12 but FATAL ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

On my own server I have the 1.6.08 version and I want to upgrade to last one (1.6.12).

These the steps I followed:

1) Form here: mybb-1-6-12-released-security-maintenance-release

"If you’re using MyBB 1.6.10 or lower
Download and use the full 1.6.12 Release Package
Follow the Docs Upgrading Instructions"

Now I'm reading the documeatation on package:

2) Then (after backup) I moved the new package online with the exception of uploading the inc/setting.php file.

3) "If you installed your forums to http://www.yoursite.com/forums/, then you would visit http://www.yoursite.com/forums/install/upgrade.php"

But I got a fatal error!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_strpos() in /*****/forum/inc/class_error.php on line 206

I just follow the attached instruction... what I'm missing ?

Can someone help me ? I'm feeling so noob Toungue

Thanks!
That error sound like some conflict between a plugin and the script.

You have to rename plugin dir, go to your FTP and rename plugins dir to plugins_ren or some other name, when you have that run again upgrade and have to work fine.

When you finished your upgrade you have to test every plugin you have to see wich plugins are compatible and wich not.

The plugins must have lang files for all modules and php sentences upgraded.

Contact for many author of every plugin have to be update and report the issues to him and he have to work on that. But if you prefer, you upgrade your board until all plugins are compatible with latest release.

Cheers.
I fix it! And fixing was much more easy. It was not plug-in issue ( I had installed no plugin).

Just config.php file missing.

I know this is a real noob issue, but I was reading the attached documentation to be sure to doing the right thing. Maybe they should fix the text as the attached picture to help the noob as me.

This is the text on upgrade.html file on attached documentation:

Quote:Using an ftp client (FlashFXP, FileZilla, SmartFTP), upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php (missing)

Thanks again for your help!
There is no inc/config.php in the MyBB package?
(2014-01-26, 10:41 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]There is no inc/config.php in the MyBB package?

Hi Stefan,

reading the documentation I was supposing only old setting.php file was required. So I renamed all my forum directory as backup and moved online the new package with the old setting.php file.

I'm testing the forum and I have no cusom files (apart custom languages), so no plugins, no attachments etc. I just moved the new packaged online and copyed in the custom language and setting.php as required on documentatios (and missing to move the config.php)

It was my fault, But I think it's a good idea to "remeber" users to keep the config file (and other customs) because I think to be... not the only one noob on the web Big Grin