MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Many problems and no way to fix them.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problems started with attachments failing to display, the error I get for that is in the attachment.

I then looked at the contents of the forum, as best I could see anyway, that is image #2. Sure enough, no attachment.php. So I tried to upload one but I don't have privilage to do that.

What to do next ? I thought I might try a clean install or maybe an upgrade so read the instructions and step 1 is backup. I don't have backup or other options in my Admin CP.

So I'm really stuck. Most of the help is aimed at people with way more knowledge that me and assumes so much, for example
" Beginning the Upgrade

Once you've downloaded the correct upgrade package for you, it's time to do the upgrade. Please follow these steps carefully.

Upload ALL of the files and folders inside the package (from inside the "Upload" folder if using the latest version/full package), including the ./install/ folder (if it exists), overwriting the existing copies of the files in your file system."

I have no idea how to do this or even where to start !

Please someone help me with so plain English that a novice can understand or I'll have to try some other product.
What is your current mybb version?
Where would I find that info ? I installed it within the last month or so.
Log into your Admin Control Panel and you should see it there in the home page under "MyBB and Server Statistics" MyBB Version
(2014-01-27, 01:15 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Log into your Admin Control Panel and you should see it there in the home page under "MyBB and Server Statistics" MyBB Version

No sign of any version information. There are a heap of errors that weren't there last time I looked
Then I suggest you to download a complete 12 upgrade package!
That just brings me around in a circle. I have downloaded that package and when I go to the instructions, the first step is to back up the database and that option is not available to me.
(2014-01-27, 02:24 AM)ashleyn Wrote: [ -> ]Sure enough, no attachment.php. So I tried to upload one but I don't have privilage to do that.

I get lost right here. How could you have installed it if you can't upload files?

Then I looked at your 2nd image. I'm not sure what file sorting you are using and how much of the directory you are showing, but that's really strange looking. There are only a FEW myBB files shown and a bunch of stuff I don't recognize. It looks like you may have 2 or more software systems sharing the same directory.

And is the size of every file really zero?