MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I installed the latest update and my forum got reset even though I entered the same database I was using before. Any suggestions?
You must have ran the installer instead of the upgrade script. Did you read the documentation?

[Docs: Upgrading]
(2014-01-27, 03:46 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You must have ran the installer instead of the upgrade script. Did you read the documentation?

[Docs: Upgrading]

I don't think I read that one. Read about 3 different documents trying to get it to work. I don't think there is a way to go back now is there? My backups are still in ACP.
If you have a backup, restore it through something like phpMyAdmin (search the forums; there are many guides) and then you should be able to run the upgrade again. Smile
(2014-01-27, 03:56 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a backup, restore it through something like phpMyAdmin (search the forums; there are many guides) and then you should be able to run the upgrade again. Smile

Dunno if I should though as the database remains as big as it was prior to the update. Does that mean everything is still there?
If you ran the installer then it would have removed everything.

What's your forum URL?
(2014-01-27, 04:04 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you ran the installer then it would have removed everything.

What's your forum URL?

www.laroleplay.com
Can you open your board up too? Smile
(2014-01-27, 04:10 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you open your board up too? Smile

Done although don't see how it will help.
Without seeing exactly what has happened it's a little hard to give support. You've definitely ran the installer (though I'm not sure how you missed the notice stating all data would be removed) so your only option would be to restore a backup.
Pages: 1 2