MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange IP issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-01-30, 07:22 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The OP isn't using that address. He was using it as an example.

Thank you! Yes, it was an example - here's a real block of ip I've banned: 117.26.0.0* - and I have banned others in the same manner.
And again, I'm getting people who join and post on ip's that I cannot add because I get the notice that it's already in the banlist! So how come they can join and/or post then?

And also, I have several accounts with the same ip. I know of a few spammers that will use different ip's to join and then post, but it seems that some legit posters use the same ip...

It seems that I cannot really trust the ip shown... and I don't know how to test.
Thank you
PinkStar
You're trying to block 117.26.0.0*, but you should be blocking 117.26.0.*
(2014-01-31, 08:08 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You're trying to block 117.26.0.0*, but you should be blocking 117.26.0.*

Ah ok, I thought I had to replace each .# block. That could explain why they can post even though the ip block is banned. Thanks!

But what about me seeing multiple accounts on the same ip? Of all the mobile devices and providers, several get the same ip when posting at my board... I just find that odd.

Thank you
Mobile ISPs often use NAT or proxies.
I tried to add a complete ip (not a block) and again get the error that it's already in the list. I look through the list and see it was added on 12-01-2013, 09:34 PM and used today. This person can still login using this ip and post their spam.
What can I do to fix this?

Thank you
PinkStar
bump because I really need help with this...
if you just want to block the range, use htaccess and "deny from" syntax. Why even let them get to MyBB in the first place, do it at the server level.
Pages: 1 2