MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NAICS for internet Forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can some one help me out with this. I am making my forum a LLC and I need to know the NAICS code for a message board that charges for Advertising and site t-shirts???

Thank you in advance for the come back.. Smile

No one made their site a business????
I am, but not LLC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_company - So it's a bit different.
I live in Illinois, if I made a forum into a business, I'd be bankrupt before hitting the submit button :p

Unless you're making tons of money, I wouldn't make the forum into a business.
(2014-02-04, 04:21 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're making tons of money, or somehow had a plan to make a business profitable I wouldn't make the forum into a business.

Fixed it for you - The generalisation was a bit much.
If you're really worried about it talk to a lawyer/accountant. Taxes and all that change based on what your company is classified as and thus a LLC for example may not be best for you.
(2014-01-28, 08:11 PM)NjAnglers Wrote: [ -> ]Can some one help me out with this.  I am making my forum a LLC and I need to know the NAICS code for a message board that charges for Advertising and site t-shirts???

Thank  you in advance for the come back..  Smile

No one made their site a business????

519130. Setting up an LLC for an online forum is probably overkill unless you are offering professional advice. LLC, Corp and Sub S all provide so measure of protection of your personal assets.
I don’t sell T-shirts but if I did I would use CafePress. No worries because they do the selling and deal with customer issues for you, no liability because you didn’t sell anything, they did.

There are millions of sites with adds and I’ll wager few consider themselves businesses or jump through hoops to become a legal entity just for adds

The only thing left to consider is paying tax, see your tax accountant.

Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer and I’m not giving you legal advice.
An old question - but a good one. Thanks for asking, and thanks Hunter1 for saving me some time tracking down the answer.

Running a site as a non-profit, and applying for 501©(3) status so members can get a tax break for supporting their site.