MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: totally confused and hyperventilating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have been trying to upgrade mybb. The person who has always done this for me has not been available for some time. So with 3 updates behind I am attempting to upgrade from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12
I did the backups and have been trying to do the step by step upgrade, including following a video tutorial.
The issues comes perhaps because I am not sure where to upload the files to as I also have a website. I tried to upload what I assume is the main directory and it said it uploaded 38 files and then was showing a massive critial error list and now I don't know what is supposed to be where and if I have messed up the website along with the forum.

MY forum is closed for maintenance but it would be great to comprehend what I have done wrong and what needs to be done and how.
Thank you.
Vic
(2014-01-29, 06:43 PM)ConfusedVic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have been trying to upgrade mybb. The person who has always done this for me has not been available for some time. So with 3 updates behind I am attempting to upgrade from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12
I did the backups and have been trying to do the step by step upgrade, including following a video tutorial.
The issues comes perhaps because I am not sure where to upload the files to as I also have a website. I tried to upload what I assume is the main directory and it said it uploaded 38 files and then was showing a massive critial error list and now I don't know what is supposed to be where and if I have messed up the website along with the forum.

MY forum is closed for maintenance but it would be great to comprehend what I have done wrong and what needs to be done and how.
Thank you.
Vic

Do you have the URL to your forum?

Usually if the forum is connected to a website it will be under a folder in that website. So if the url to your forum is something like http://www.domain.com/forum you will want to upload the mybb files to overwrite the files under public_html/forum. But it all depends on your setup.
(2014-01-29, 07:00 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-29, 06:43 PM)ConfusedVic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have been trying to upgrade mybb. The person who has always done this for me has not been available for some time. So with 3 updates behind I am attempting to upgrade from 1.6.9 to 1.6.12

Thank you.
Vic

Do you have the URL to your forum?

Usually if the forum is connected to a website it will be under a folder in that website. So if the url to your forum is something like http://www.domain.com/forum you will want to upload the mybb files to overwrite the files under public_html/forum. But it all depends on your setup.

I did find that file in public and it matched what was supposed to be there. Thank you. It's uploading now. So will see if it will make sense now.
This problem has been resolved. ConfusedVic was able to get it figured out. I wanted to mark this topic somehow so no one else felt the need to try and help.
Thank you, you beat me to it. All resolved and very much appreciated.

No longer hyperventilating. Big Grin

No longer totally confused either.

Vic