MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to 1.8 (Localhost)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,
I have a 1.6.12 on my localhost for tests. This forum is the same as my main forum (theme, plugins, code edits, etc).
I want to update it to 1.8 and see how I can adjust it now.

How can I update it to 1.8?
Providing you (or anyone reading this) doesn't try this on a live installation...

1. Deactivate all plugins.
2. Download the feature branch: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/archive/feature.zip
3. Overwrite your local files with the files from the ZIP above.
4. Run the upgrade script (/install/).
5. Assuming you've gotten this far, ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates
6. Activate your plugins one by one to make sure they still work. Some won't and will need upgrading.

That's off the top of my head. And of course, even if this does work do not try to upgrade your forum to 1.8. You can't downgrade, it isn't supported, it isn't finished, and you will destroy your forum.
Thank you! I'll try what you said.
An other question:
-Can I import my database from 1.6.12 to 1.8? If yes, how?
That's what the upgrade script does. Smile
(2014-01-30, 02:30 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That's what the upgrade script does. Smile
Perfect!
You said some plugins may need an update. How? Only 16 to 18?

Also: in 1.8 "-1" means unlimited? or still 0 for unlimited?
Quote:You said some plugins may need an update. How? Only 16 to 18?

Some may only require that change, others will require more work. We've changed how we handle IP addresses for example.

Quote:Also: in 1.8 "-1" means unlimited? or still 0 for unlimited?

In what context?
Quote:
Quote:Also: in 1.8 "-1" means unlimited? or still 0 for unlimited?

In what context?
Ok thanks!
Humm I don't really know. I was reading around(many threads) and people were talking about a new "-1" as unlimited. I don't know if it was a suggestion or a new value.
(2014-01-30, 02:39 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Some may only require that change, others will require more work. We've changed how we handle IP addresses for example.

Nope, 18 is wrong, you need to change it to 17 (as 1.7 is 1.8 Alpha)
(2014-01-30, 11:03 AM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-30, 02:39 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, 18 is wrong, you need to change it to 17 (as 1.7 is 1.8 Alpha)

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. Toungue
plugins that requires prototype library too will not work.
Pages: 1 2