MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal Error when trying to upgrade to 1.6.12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I followed the documentation and uploaded everything, overwriting those files that were similar and now my forum will not show up.

This is the error I get when I try to load my forum:

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function archive_error() in /home/apirates/public_html/index.php on line 443

How do I fix this so I can get my forum back to the way it was.

I'm pretty much new to the whole MyBB thing.

Any help would be appreciated.Undecided
There isn't a call to archive_error() in index.php. It looks like you uploaded the contents of the archive folder to your forum root.

You should uploads the contents of the Upload folder to your forum root if you're using the full package or upload the whole contents of the ZIP if you're using the changed files package.
So how do I fix it? I'm new to this and don't really understand it.
Quote:You should uploads the contents of the Upload folder to your forum root if you're using the full package or upload the whole contents of the ZIP if you're using the changed files package.

See: [Docs: Upgrading]
I read that and it's all greek to me. Sad
What did you do exactly to upgrade?
(2014-01-30, 02:05 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]What did you do exactly to upgrade?

I downloaded the "changed files" package then uploaded them to my public_html folder, hence the overwrites.
You should try that again. It looks like you did something wrong the first time.
(2014-01-30, 02:12 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You should try that again. It looks like you did something wrong the first time.

All right. I'll give it a shot. -scared face-

It didn't work. I still get that error message. :*(
http://www.mybb.com/download/latest

Upload the file "index.php" from the Upload folder to your forum root.
Pages: 1 2