MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I inspect element and find what template is used in a certain spot on a page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a title on one of my forum page that I'd like to change the class of, however I have no idea which template is being used by that part of the page. Is there a way I can figure out exactly which template is being used b y the text on this part of my page?
If you're using Chrome, you can right click on it and press exactly what you said... "Inspect Element", and it should bring up the relevant codes. Smile
(2014-01-31, 10:02 PM)Downfall Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using Chrome, you can right click on it and press exactly what you said... "Inspect Element", and it should bring up the relevant codes. Smile

Yes, but I'm trying to figure out which template I need to edit to change the code.
View the complete page source, there are HTML comments surrounding templates. Look for your element and then for the closest template start/end comment.
Open your ACP (Admin Control Panel) and go to Configuration => Settings => Server and Optimization Options. Enable Output template start/end comments? -- this will enable the HTML comments mentioned by Destroy666.