MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time to first byte. How to improve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any suggestions? I'm getting about 800ms-1.3s. Really awful. My wordpress site on the same server and hosting account is getting 200ms.

Any ideas?
To improve your site load time move to Dedicated Hosting or Private Hosting Smile
This is what I'm telling you. It's not an issue with hosting. My wordpress TTFB is .2s. MyBB is .8-1.3. It's not got anything to do with hosting. At least, nothing to do with the host itself. Perhaps something to change within the host and how it interacts with MyBB.
Sorry about that but from your question is difficult to figure what are you talking about Smile
Are you a native English speaker? I'm not trying to be rude. Just wondering.

TTFB with WP is .2s

TTFP with MyBB is .8-1.3s

It's obviously not an issue with the host if WP is .2s

So how to improve MyBB TTFB

Not sure I can make it any more clear than this.
Do you have a link to your site? It's strange that the same host is so different for the two sites.
Well they are two totally different pieces of software. One is mybb. the other is wp. I don't find it strange at all. It's got to do with how the different software installs interact with the server. I've shot you a PM
I do find it strange in that WP is widely known to be a bit of a behemoth. It runs a heck of a lot of code compared to MyBB to handle the massive amount of features it has.

Anyway, just tested your sites. Here's the stats:

WP: 0.581
MyBB: 0.815

There definitely is a difference. Your MyBB site also seems to be perpetually loading for me. You do seem to be running a lot of plugins and modifications on the forum which will impact page load (and processing) time. What do the debug stats in the MyBB footer look like?
The basic debug info of index shows (4 refreshes)

Generated in 0.2553630 seconds (75.90% PHP / 24.10% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 89 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0713339 / Memory Usage: 15.5 MB
PHP version: 5.3.27 / Server Load: 6.58 / GZip Compression: Disabled

Generated in 0.4236460 seconds (72.82% PHP / 27.18% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 85 / Global Parsing Time: 0.1609900 / Memory Usage: 15.75 MB
PHP version: 5.3.27 / Server Load: 6.64 / GZip Compression: Disabled
[advanced details]

Generated in 1.0946639 seconds (77.70% PHP / 22.30% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 85 / Global Parsing Time: 0.4273839 / Memory Usage: 15.75 MB
PHP version: 5.3.27 / Server Load: 8.25 / GZip Compression: Disabled
[advanced details]

Generated in 0.2809930 seconds (74.59% PHP / 25.41% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 85 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0736570 / Memory Usage: 15.75 MB
PHP version: 5.3.27 / Server Load: 8.1 / GZip Compression: Disabled

Did you want more advanced stats?

It's loading fine for me on IE, Firefox, Chrome. Though after the page loads, it connects to googleads and facebook which adds a couple seconds. Sometimes it can get stuck on googleads. Not sure if that's what happened with you or not.
Whats the link to your forum?
Pages: 1 2