MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with MyBB 1.6.12 and ACP Modules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently attempted to install MyAchievements and Mydownloads from Mybb-plugins.com, and neither of them properly show the new tab on the ACP for the settings and configuration as is shown in the screenshots. I wasn't sure if it was a plugin related issue, so I uploaded one of my own plugins in development that I know was properly working in the ACP for my dev install of MyBB 1.6.10, and it did not work for 1.6.12 either.

From what I can tell, there is a bug in MyBB 1.6.12 that is preventing new modules from displaying correctly on the ACP. This does not appear to be a bug that is related to MyDownloads or MyAchievements. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue yet by any chance?

Any help would be much appreciated,
-Darth

EDIT: It appeared to be an issue related to my MyBB configuration. I've resolved the issue.
Can you give more details about the configuration problem? I've just installed the latest version of MyBB and none of my plugins are showing in the plugin ACP.

Thanks .. Rich

(2014-02-01, 06:01 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I recently attempted to install MyAchievements and Mydownloads from Mybb-plugins.com, and neither of them properly show the new tab on the ACP for the settings and configuration as is shown in the screenshots. I wasn't sure if it was a plugin related issue, so I uploaded one of my own plugins in development that I know was properly working in the ACP for my dev install of MyBB 1.6.10, and it did not work for 1.6.12 either.

From what I can tell, there is a bug in MyBB 1.6.12 that is preventing new modules from displaying correctly on the ACP. This does not appear to be a bug that is related to MyDownloads or MyAchievements. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue yet by any chance?

Any help would be much appreciated,
-Darth

EDIT: It appeared to be an issue related to my MyBB configuration. I've resolved the issue.
I'm having the same issue, though it's just with one specific plugin. The link is no longer showing up on the ACP menu like it was prior to the upgrade. If you could share what it was you had to change, that would be great.

<b>test</b>
(2014-02-06, 07:37 AM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same issue, though it's just with one specific plugin. The link is no longer showing up on the ACP menu like it was prior to the upgrade. If you could share what it was you had to change, that would be great.

I got our problem fixed but not entirely sure "how" ?? One thing I saw was that I had a few extra plug-ins in the plug-in folder that were left over from the prior version.

Originally I had so much trouble with my SQL database and MyBB that I blew away everything on the server and re-installed this most recent version of MyBB. Everything now works normally and the only problem is that one about some of the plug-ins not showing up in the ACP.

I did notice that there were a few "extra" plugins on the server in the forum plug-in folder. This was strange because I was pretty sure I started with a clean slate and had removed all files and folders in our forum area. I did a fresh clean install of MyBB, but there were some plugins that "magically" re-appeared.

The Fix: ??? I deleted ALL the plugins on the server. I deleted them from outside the MyBB environment (using an FTP client). Then I installed the few plugins that I wanted to keep. And everything has worked fine since then.

Check your plugin folder for any unknown or old plugins. Or just empty that plugin folder and re-install the plug-ins as new.

I think MyBB was trying to work with some old "ghost" plugins from an earlier version. But I don't have a clue how or where those "old" plugins came from. Huh

Good luck .. Rich