MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Msximum forum font size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously it will depend on font style as well. I use open sans. It seems standard is 12 or 13, but I'm thinking about making the jump to 14 on desktop theme. Any comments on this?

You can see sizes here

www.google.com/fonts
Are you asking if increasing font size will have a negative effect on your SEO or what?
nothing to do with SEO. i'm asking what people think is the maximum size for pleasant viewing. what size keeps the most traffic on the board. i'm using 13.5px open sans currently
13px is a pretty good choice, but 14px is better for focusing on the post content. You'd have to do your own A/B testing to find out for sure, it all depends on what content you have on site, the frequency of posting, etc.
Lots of bold and over sized font will scare everyone away including Google which really doesn't like it! Keep it simple Wink
yea, i liked 14, but it also defocuses the ads when the text is so big. though in the long term maybe it would be more beneficial to have more people sticking around because it looked good. it's hard to say which in the long term which will generate the most traffic.

thanks for the input though. my concern was that maybe 14px was too big. most forums are 12 or 13 it seems.