MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facing access error after changing my nameservers for my new site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends, I'm a beginner in web hosting. I purchased a domain from bigrock.in and opted free hosting from freehosting.com. After changing my new nameservers in bigrock given by freehosting.com, my page opened and displayed the message as " your site is up and running". In that page, it asked me to delete the default "index.php" and upload my site contents.

I uploaded and when Im going to my site, Im getting an error of "Forbidden 403 - You don't have permission to access / on this server." Kindly assist me.

Thanks in advance...
(2014-02-03, 09:43 AM)maxwell Wrote: [ -> ]Hi friends, I'm a beginner in web hosting. I purchased a domain from bigrock.in and opted free hosting from freehosting.com. After changing my new nameservers in bigrock given by freehosting.com, my page opened and displayed the message as " your site is up and running". In that page, it asked me to delete the default "index.php" and upload my site contents.

I uploaded and when Im going to my site, Im getting an error of "Forbidden 403 - You don't have permission to access / on this server." Kindly assist me.

Thanks in advance...

That is the default text that appears when you have no other page up. That is why when you deleted the index.php file, this text came up.

At least, that is my guess.
Thanks Greg, but how can i overcome this error. because I have uploaded my site to the hosting space account
(2014-02-03, 10:02 AM)maxwell Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Greg, but how can i overcome this error. because I have uploaded my site to the hosting space account

You have? I don't really know. Sorry that I couldn't be of much help. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help you here on the forum if you continue to wait.
ok Greg Thank you
You haven't uploaded MyBB to the correct directory.

The following files should exist but they don't.

http://fathimachurchpondy.com/showthread.php
http://fathimachurchpondy.com/forumdisplay.php
please tell me how to upload it
You just need to upload it to the correct directory. That could be something like "www", "public_html", "public", "webroot", or "htdocs".
(2014-02-03, 10:02 AM)maxwell Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Greg, but how can i overcome this error. because I have uploaded my site to the hosting space account

So, you have uploaded it?

(2014-02-03, 10:49 AM)maxwell Wrote: [ -> ]please tell me how to upload it

So, you haven't uploaded it?

Interesting repliesSmile

But like my other replies said at the start, my guess is you never uploaded any files.
(2014-02-04, 08:19 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]

So, you have uploaded it?

(2014-02-03, 10:49 AM)maxwell Wrote: [ -> ]please tell me how to upload it

So, you haven't uploaded it?

Interesting repliesSmile

But like my other replies said at the start, my guess is you never uploaded any files.

Very interesting Smile

To upload the website you have to know:

1.Site Name
2.FTP Name
3.FTP password

or you have to use some uploading method which hosting service supply like File Manager. You have to upload the files only in upload folder.

Then Read the install.hrml file carefully on you documentation folder to install the script. Good Luck