MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is template folder location ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i'm new mybb user, and i wanna ask the question.

Where is (active) template folder location ?

I wanna edit the templates use filezilla and Notepad++.

Thanks
The templates are within the Admin CP(ACP). You need to visit www.DOMAIN.TLD/admin/index.php and login using your admin account. After you log in, click this:
[Image: aLE4qlf.png]
then:
[Image: DZzrXEh.png]
then select your active theme and you'll see the list of templates there.
Oh.. It's not possible to edit with filezilla and notepad++ ? For example is wordpress theme.
(2014-02-04, 12:45 AM)imamzw Wrote: [ -> ]Oh.. It's not possible to edit with filezilla and notepad++ ? For example is wordpress theme.

No, the HTML and CSS is in the ACP. Only thing you can edit in FTP is the core files(not recommended unless you know exactly what you're doing) and language files(which can also be modified ACP>Configuration)
(2014-02-04, 01:52 AM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-04, 12:45 AM)imamzw Wrote: [ -> ]Oh.. It's not possible to edit with filezilla and notepad++ ? For example is wordpress theme.

No, the HTML and CSS is in the ACP. Only thing you can edit in FTP is the core files(not recommended unless you know exactly what you're doing) and language files(which can also be modified ACP>Configuration)

Template are stored in a database. CSS can be editted externally. Cache > Themes > Theme [ID]
(2014-02-04, 01:54 AM)CorysRevenge Wrote: [ -> ]

Template are stored in a database. CSS can be editted externally. Cache > Themes > Theme [ID]

I didn't state that because it's not meant to be edited from there.

I included the external language files because some plugins do not have the set permissions on-upload to be editable through ACP.
(2014-02-04, 02:34 AM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-04, 01:54 AM)CorysRevenge Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't state that because it's not meant to be edited from there.

I included the external language files because some plugins do not have the set permissions on-upload to be editable through ACP.

Ok i understand.. Sad Thanks for your help Smile