MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Someone hacked and made mybb folder empty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
I'm running a wordpress site + a mybb forum in a subfolder named mybb. Today i noticed that this folder is empty and all of files of mybb installation has gone. I checked mybb database in phpMyAdmin and hopefully that exists.
I've asked host provider to recover the backup but i want to know how someone can delete mybb completely?!!
where can i see logs for that hacker entering my host and removing all mybb files?

Regards
Might be any of the vulnerable WordPress plugin as well?
(2014-02-04, 12:33 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Might be any of the vulnerable WordPress plugin as well?

I've recently added a cache plugin named W3TC. but i has a good reputation.

I've also recently had a mass mail. It was planned to 50 mail in each queue but after hours i changed that to 100, due to slow progress.
May it cause that problem and how?
Yeah W3 Total Cache is safe and should not have done it. Are you on the latest WordPress version though? I think it's somewhere 3.8.1. You might want to investigate about MyBB stuff too and what plugins you were running on. Maybe if you cannot find raw access logs (which should be in cPanel), a good idea generally is also to look in error logs. Because at some instances of not found files, you might actually find where it all began from.