MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could somebody point me in the right direction please

I want to set up a portal for our forum but i cant work out howto add more boxes ect.

it has got the usual ones down the left handside but i want to add more beside them.

is there a tutorial ect or can someone help

regards

jj
Admin CP --> Templates --> Expand your template set --> Portal Templates --> portal

You can change the layout of the page there, and add your own blocks with HTML. For example, find:
{$welcome}
And above it, add:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr><td class="thead"><strong>My Box</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">
My stuff
</td></tr>
</table>
DennisTT Wrote:Admin CP --> Templates --> Expand your template set --> Portal Templates --> portal

You can change the layout of the page there, and add your own blocks with HTML. For example, find:
{$welcome}
And above it, add:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr><td class="thead"><strong>My Box</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">
My stuff
</td></tr>
</table>

thats a great help thanks

[attachment=5093]

How do i do above

thanks for your help
That space is actually for the forum announcements. If you change the setting Admin CP --> Settings --> Portal Settings --> Forum ID to pull announcements from to a real forum with threads, then you will see your threads there.

If you want to place a box above the announcements, in the same template, find:
{$announcements}
And above it, add:
<tr><td class="thead"><strong>Information</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">
Welcome to my forum!  Here are a list of the latest updates...

</td></tr></table>
<br />