MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good-Bye myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You run some of the quite resource intensive plugins and if you are not on a VPS or with a good host, no one may support your needs I am afraid.

Some of the top ones I can recall from your list which might be using lot of resources are top poster, similar threads in first post (if this is not optimized to cache and store the data).
You're adding queries - That's why you're killing the servers you're using.
if want use chat etc...
upgrade to vps...
will not find another solution.
feel free to migrate to another forum system, using similar plugins the same problems will occur.
(2014-02-04, 02:36 PM)coolashu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-04, 02:24 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's far from your last option. You'll just experience the same issues all over again.

What exactly is causing the high CPU usage? Any decent host should be able to tell you that.

sir here is detail
Generated in 0.0436590 seconds (84.43% PHP / 15.57% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 26 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0309269 / Memory Usage: 11 MB
PHP version: 5.3.28 / Server Load: 0.5 / GZip Compression: Enabled
and i have got this messege from webhost "Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit10times"

Just to be clear. This isn't from your host. It's a cpanel note letting you know you maxed out your resources.

My CPU usage is through the roof and it's got nothing to do with queries as far as I can tell. Whether 90 queries or 15, it's still the same. I was having major issues with error 500 server misconfiguration until they moved me to an unlimited VM server as I was hitting the 4GB limit regularly. Not sure if that's the difference or not, but I no longer get the error 500. The CPU still going through the roof, but I'm on they're cheapest shared plan.

They told me 'forums very CPU intensive', and spent 4 hours with a level 2 tech tweaking things, disabling plugins, eliminating errors, and moving it to the new server and it didn't make a difference with CPU. My forum is moderately busy, but nothing outlandish.

I don't know what the truth is.

I have no plan to leave myBB. I'll just upgrade my plan if I have to. If I'm on the maximum shared hosting and still maxing CPU, I'll consider switching.
(2014-02-05, 09:37 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]if want use chat etc...
upgrade to vps...

That's not necessary. Shared hostings are able to manage to run chats/shoutboxes, if they're well-coded and used reasonably.

As for MyShoutbox, I reported a nasty bug around 1,5 year ago: http://community.mybb.com/thread-47686-p...#pid886904 but I don't think the author will ever fix it in the plugin... There is also a workaround in my post, check and use it.

Moreover, set a higher refresh time (15 seconds for example) and flood time (5 seconds) to lower AJAX requests' frequency. Hide it for groups which can't use it (guests, banned etc.).
(2014-02-05, 12:32 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05, 09:37 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]if want use chat etc...
upgrade to vps...

That's not necessary. Shared hostings are able to manage to run chats/shoutboxes, if they're well-coded and used reasonably.

As for MyShoutbox, I reported a nasty bug around 1,5 year ago: http://community.mybb.com/thread-47686-p...#pid886904 but I don't think the author will ever fix it in the plugin... There is also a workaround in my post, check and use it.

Moreover, set a higher refresh time (15 seconds for example) and flood time (5 seconds) to lower AJAX requests' frequency. Hide it for groups which can't use it (guests, banned etc.).

Most shared host is in the TOS saying that does not allow chat script. And I agree with that. The fact is that the chat script is a resource eater. Harming all other users using the same server.
here is my list!

adf.ly links (1.0)
Advertisement in Posts (0.4)
Advanced Ads Manager (1.1.0)
Akismet (1.2.2)
BestAds to Post (1.2.0)
Country Flag (1.0)
Daily Sponsor Bar (1.1)
Donation Bar (1.0)
Fassim Anti Spam (1.3)
Fit on Page (2.3)
Hello World! (1.0)
Message Bar (0.1)
MyBBatically (1.4)
MyShoutbox (1.7)
MyTabs (1.32)
Page Manager (1.5.2)
Template Conditionals (1.7)
Pro Profile (0.1)
Profile Field (1.0)
Registration Security Question (1.2)
Remember us? (1.4)
Restrict Email Domains (1.0.1)
SCEditor WYSIWYG editor (1.4.0.3)
Spamalyser (0.93)

this is the list im using on eufraggers.com

Generated in 0.2442129 seconds (87.18% PHP / 12.82% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 17 / Global Parsing Time: 0.1910300 / Memory Usage: 10.25 MB
PHP version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze16 / Server Load: 0 / GZip Compression: Disabled
Pages: 1 2 3