MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My server usage - Is this normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is moderately busy. But what could be causing this huge spikes. You see average VM is maybe 20-100mb, but then there are these spikes to 4gb. WTH? Is this normal?
Do you have any plugins installed,
How many queries are being ran on the index
Is it a VPS (Have you edited the settings a bit on the PHP and stuff)?
It's shared hosting.

I have tons of plugins installed.

80 queries. The majority of them from a single plugin. But surely that wouldn't be causing spikes of 4gb...
Of course it would. 80 queries are absolutely not good for server, especially if most of them are complicated and not cached. 20-40 per page should be maximum in my opinion (not in all cases of course, but the amount should be watched and lowered if possible).

If one plugin adds most of them, its code should be optimised. What's its name, author and version?
Fake users .3 by yaldaram. Turning this off reduced me from 80+ to 15 or so. Made no difference in CPU that I could tell. Still through the roof. Entry processes maxing out as well, but have a low average. Not sure about VM because am on VM unlimited server now and it doesn't show VM usage in CPANEL.

Averages aren't TOO bad, but always spiking.
Could you post a list of all the plugins you're using?