MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I keep hitting the MySQL query limit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using iPage as a host and keep hitting the limit of 75,000/hour. Doubling that would cost $20/month more. Users can easily crash my forum by setting up a click-bot and getting way too many requests.

What's another option? Can I get a host with unlimited queries or something like that? Is there some kind of fix to all of the query overloads? I only have 20 members, I shouldn't be using 75,000/hour.
1. Get a normal hosting.
or
2. Disable plugins that use many queries. What's the current number of them on index/forumdisplay/postbit, shown in debug?
you use chat?
if yes upgrade to vps...
(2014-02-05, 07:04 AM)LudiusMAX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using iPage as a host and keep hitting the limit of 75,000/hour. Doubling that would cost $20/month more. Users can easily crash my forum by setting up a click-bot and getting way too many requests.

What's another option? Can I get a host with unlimited queries or something like that? Is there some kind of fix to all of the query overloads? I only have 20 members, I shouldn't be using 75,000/hour.

20 members@75,000 queries per hour? Interesting Smile
(2014-02-05, 09:05 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Get a normal hosting.
or
2. Disable plugins that use many queries. What's the current number of them on index/forumdisplay/postbit, shown in debug?
What do you mean by normal hosting?

(2014-02-05, 09:31 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]you use chat?
if yes upgrade to vps...
What VPS would you recommend for a MyBB forum?
(2014-02-05, 11:05 PM)LudiusMAX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05, 09:05 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Get a normal hosting.
or
What do you mean by normal hosting?
Hosts that don't put arbitrary limits on the number of SQL queries you can run

(2014-02-05, 11:05 PM)LudiusMAX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05, 09:31 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]you use chat?
if yes upgrade to vps...
What VPS would you recommend for a MyBB forum?

There are lots out there, although if you want quality hosting try to avoid cheap hosts that use OpenVZ. This thread has some community recommendations:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-145944.html
My personal recommendation goes to DigitalOcean.