MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automated email response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where do I go to turn off an automated email response? I do not wish users to get an automated email response telling them their PM quota has been reached.

Thank you.
(2014-02-05, 02:39 PM)jenniejennie Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I go to turn off an automated email response? I do not wish users to get an automated email response telling them their PM quota has been reached.

Thank you.

I dont think you get an email when your quota is reached. If they are, it might be from the "receive email when you get PM'ed" option which is located in UserCP.
I am the admin of a forum. I do not have the PM system turned on for newbies. If someone tries to PM a newbie, the newbie gets the following email sent to him/her:

"Private Messaging Quota Reached at xxx

xxx,
This is an automated email from xxx to let you know that your Private Messaging inbox has reached its capacity.

One or more users may have tried to send you private messages and were unsuccessful in doing so because of this.

Please delete some of your private messages you currently have stored, remembering to also delete them from the 'Trash Can'.

Thank you,
xxx Staff
http://xxx"

This automated email makes no sense since the problem is not that the newbie has reached his/her PM quota. Thus I don't want this email to be sent out, but I can't figure out how to turn it off. I've found the content of the email under messages.lang.php, but deleting the content merely gives the newbie an empty automated email. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Thank you.