MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alerts System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I want to suggest you a built-in alerts system like vbulletin. In 1.6 series we can do it with a couple of plugins, but it would be great if we can do it without plugins.
Best wishes.
Many don't want alerts on their board. It is best for it to remain a plugin in my opinion.
(2014-02-05, 11:15 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Many don't want alerts on their board. It is best for it to remain a plugin in my opinion.

i would not mind built-in as long as it can be totally turned off if wanted.
(2014-02-05, 11:31 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05, 11:15 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Many don't want alerts on their board. It is best for it to remain a plugin in my opinion.

i would not mind built-in as long as it can be totally turned off if wanted.

Yeah(I agree), I think its a very modern social networking like thing to do, so I think its a good idea (for 2.0) with a shutoff. I don't think this really fits into the 1.8 scope.
We have MyAlerts so I don't think it should be added prior to 2.0
2.0 will, and hopefully, be the largest modern-focused update where you'll see alerts and new features that are out at that time. Atm, alerts for forums isn't looking so popular like tabs would be.
MyBB 1.8 will not have an Alerts system.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/217#...t-34157247
(2014-02-06, 07:18 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8 will not have an Alerts system.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/217#...t-34157247

i think, it would not be a problem to add an already built plugin to core.
will we see it on 2.0?
(2014-02-06, 07:49 AM)SamedTarik Wrote: [ -> ]i think, it would not be a problem to add an already built plugin to core.

MyBB 1.8 started off as a small feature update and we're already pushing our limits with the amount of features we have added. Losing focus of what we're developing is a problem.

(2014-02-06, 07:49 AM)SamedTarik Wrote: [ -> ]will we see it on 2.0?

Possibly, 2.0 is a long way off.
Phpbb and to incorporate this feature in its 3.1 version, because I do not mybb?
Would be good to have an option to disable the alert system for which you do not like.