MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To: Undo sending a PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is something I came across today which I was unaware of, so I thought I'd share it with the rest of the community. If you're in a user group which allows you to track your private messages (User CP > Tracking), you can cancel a message which has not yet been read by the recipient by checking the message and clicking on "Cancel the selected messages".

[Image: ppIUbfj.png]

I had always assumed the two buttons did the same thing, until I checked the code:

$db->delete_query("privatemessages", "pmid IN ($pmids) AND receipt='1' AND status='0' AND fromid='".$mybb->user['uid']."'");

Happy messaging. Smile
TIL.
Recently found this too. Never saw this before, was it a new feature?
(2014-02-07, 03:53 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]Recently found this too. Never saw this before, was it a new feature?

It has been there for quite some time.
Haha, I found this too mysteriously when I saw an email of PM but when I went to my site, I saw it was not there. I came to it as a shock immediately thinking was there anything suspicious or such but when I started to mess around by sending me PM and checking those options, I realized this is already core lol. Meanwhile the user who originally PM'd me also replied with that he cancelled that.

You never know what mysteries are hidden sometimes. Smile
aarrrghhh, did not know this before over years Smile
Been using it for a while to 'edit' messages, didn't know it's a secret, although I saw 2 people asking for that button's functionality on other language forum because they couldn't understand difference between "Stop Tracking" and "Cancel".

That's why I think they are named wrong. Both suggest that tracking should be cancelled. Instead, the 2nd could be "Undo delivery" or something similar that suggests their complete removal.
I just pushed b756cc6 which changes that. Simple change. Smile