MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Holiday banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I think it makes a good time now to remove the holiday banner since we are almost close to completing 1 and half month of this new year as well. Wink

Thank you.
We were having a little fun internally voting for which one we want next. Toungue There should be a new one up soon.
Smile
There should be a community poll for the next one. Just a thread with each option and a poll, conveniently using the poll feature in MyBB.
(2014-02-11, 02:57 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a community poll for the next one. Just a thread with each option and a poll, conveniently using the poll feature in MyBB.

Ditto.
Love how we skip from Christmas right to spring. So much for a winter banner.
There likely won't be many more banner changes. It's easier to pick one and throw it up -- more focus on the things that matter. Smile
Honestly though, I am not digging the current "trees" one background. In the start from left, it looks fine. But as we approach more towards the "right" direction, the trees make it look much darker there.

http://prntscr.com/2s0wq8

You see above. MyBB is all about being fresh, light but the new header is somehow not conveying the message and adds a darkened look to the community forums.

Just my 2 cents.
I think Parkinson's law of triviality applies here. At the end of the day it's just a background image. With the amount of work we need to do, discussing what banner should be used for the website is not worth the time.
(2014-02-12, 09:11 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]Love how we skip from Christmas right to spring.
Well, that's how it is in Germany this year. Big Grin (Almost) no snow or other signs of winter yet...
Pages: 1 2