MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem integrating ajax-chat-user-count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have the ajax-chat (Mybb integrated) running on our forum and it has been great so far. Now I am trying to get a count of current "chat" users to display in the forum header.

I'm trying to get the plugin "ajax-chat-user-count" to work but am having a problem. I've copied this line from an old thread as a solution to this problem but it doesn't work for me.

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/chat">Chat ({$ajaxchatusercount})</a></li>

I'm using another plugin (header writer) to embed the code into my header. That works but it looks like the variable? isn't getting parsed ??

This is what appears in the header: Chat ({$ajaxchatusercount})

It should be simply Chat (x) (x being the number of chatters)

Could this be happening because I'm using a plugin to execute a plugin? Don't know if I'm explaining correctly .. in other words, should I be plugging that code directly into the header instead of trying to use the "header writer" plug in?

Am I correct that the bburl is the forum url ?

The path to the chat room is forum/chat ...

I know very little about the PHP coding etc. (which is why I'm trying to do this with the header writer plugin) ... and you'll probably have to spell this out for me. Blush
(2014-02-09, 04:00 AM)Rich A Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have the ajax-chat (Mybb integrated) running on our forum and it has been great so far. Now I am trying to get a count of current "chat" users to display in the forum header.

I'm trying to get the plugin "ajax-chat-user-count" to work but am having a problem. I've copied this line from an old thread as a solution to this problem but it doesn't work for me.

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/chat">Chat ({$ajaxchatusercount})</a></li>

I'm using another plugin (header writer) to embed the code into my header. That works but it looks like the variable? isn't getting parsed ??

Could this be happening because I'm using a plugin to execute a plugin? Don't know if I'm explaining correctly .. in other words, should I be plugging that code directly into the header instead of trying to use the "header writer" plug in?

I know very little about the PHP coding etc. (which is why I'm trying to do this with the header writer plugin) ... and you'll probably have to spell this out for me. Blush

Lots of views no answers ?? How about if someone can point me to where the PHP code is so I can try plugging in the new code there? I'm just not sure where this should go.
(2014-02-14, 05:15 AM)Rich A Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-09, 04:00 AM)Rich A Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Lots of views no answers ?? How about if someone can point me to where the PHP code is so I can try plugging in the new code there? I'm just not sure where this should go.

We can mark this thread "closed". I was able to find my error and got this to work. (I ended up modifying the PHP Header code) I have a different question about how this app runs which I'll start in a new thread.