MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum crash -- Disk full??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Built a private forum that's only used actively by about 15 people and is password protected. It's used fairly heavily by those people for posting but not much else. Attachments are allowed but most people don't post them frequently. One user just posted a reply to a thread, and the forum crashed. Here is the error I receive:

"MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1021 - Disk full (/tmp/mysqltmp/#sql_b9c6_0); waiting for someone to free some space...
Query:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_users LIKE 'unreadpms'"

Any clue as to what I should do?

I'm in cPanel, and there appears to still be 4GB~ of space on my server. And I don't see any settings in the software installer that would say I put a limitation on space for the forum. Unless it was done in admin settings when setting up the forum a couple years ago? (I don't remember).

Help!
It's a server problem that only your host can solve. Please contact them.
Thanks, I will try that!
It means that the partition which hosts /tmp is full. Depending on how your server is partitioned, you might be able to free some space by downloading older backups and deleting them from your server.
Hey there, thanks for the reply!

The host initially dumped the tmp folder for us, but it's happened again! We have a product launch going live - and this is not only affecting the forum but our webstore. Do you have any idea how to empty this on our own?
No, it is something only your host can fix.

If you're launching something and the site is critical to it, you should really be running it on your own infrastructure instead of relying on a shared web host.
This sounds very strange. It would take a massive amount of posts to fill that kind of space. We have 10,000 posts and that's only 40mb. Do you have a lot of backups on the server?