MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TLS encryption broke SMTP server when upgrading from 1.6.10 to 1.6.12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After upgrading from 1.6.10 to 1.6.12 our SMTP server (confirmed working) would not work with MyBB using TLS encryption. Switching to SSL encryption fixed the issue.

Tried multiple SMTP servers and could not get any SMTP server to work with TLS encryption.

Could someone else test their SMTP server in 1.6.12 with TLS encryption to confirm that this is a bug?
It is unlikely to have a new bug as TLS has actually been fixed in MyBB 1.6.11: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1846
According to our tests and feedback from users it is now working with most mail servers.
(2014-02-11, 08:20 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]It is unlikely to have a new bug as TLS has actually been fixed in MyBB 1.6.11: http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1846
According to our tests and feedback from users it is now working with most mail servers.

Not trying to cause problems. But I do think this is an active bug in the most current version (1.6.12)
Without telling what error message you get I can't help you. However your problem is probably caused by a configuration mistake.
"The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message."
If the server isn't responding correctly even before encryption is started the problem is not the encryption itself. Either your configuration is incorrect (e.g. wrong port) or the server is behaving in an uncommon way. Can you please provide the configuration for SMTP (obviously without the password) and what mail server is being used?
Configuration is good. Worked with TLS with 1.6.10. Upgrading to 1.6.12 broke it Changing nothing but switching to SSL resolved issue.

Server is used with TLS encryption with same settings (port, server name, username, ect.) in other programs.

Can you clarify what SMTP configuration information you would like (dovecot config, ect.)?
(2014-02-25, 05:19 AM)schnappi Wrote: [ -> ]Configuration is good. Worked with TLS with 1.6.10.
You had luck that it worked with 1.6.10, but that doesn't guarantee that the configuration was correct.

btw: Dovecot is no SMTP server...
Good lord. Postfix.

What information (specifically) would you like?
(2014-02-23, 11:13 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please provide the configuration for SMTP (obviously without the password)
I meant the settings in your ACP.
I'm using Postfix, too, so I can assure you it is working with TLS and MyBB 1.6.12.
Pages: 1 2