MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sql error suggestions for next mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mybb (2?)6.11 last major one anyways, i got a sql error message completely defacing my forum. after logging into the admin panel it went away.

1st id prefer if the sql errors were brought to my attention under the admin panel and not confirm any attackers successes / internal errors as front page news completely disabling the forum.

2nd id prefer that the site was still usable and accessible when sql errors occur.

3rd thanks.
Quote:mybb (2?)6.11 last major one anyways, i got a sql error message completely defacing my forum. after logging into the admin panel it went away.

Without knowing what the error is I cannot advise you further. It may be an issue with your host or it may be a bug within the code.

Quote:1st id prefer if the sql errors were brought to my attention under the admin panel and not confirm any attackers successes / internal errors as front page news completely disabling the forum.

You can disable errors/warning in the ACP settings. You can also choose to have the errors emailed to you.

Quote:2nd id prefer that the site was still usable and accessible when sql errors occur.

That's like saying you want your computer to still be usable when it crashes. If something goes wrong, you need to figure out where the problem is and fix it. An SQL error means the application cannot continue.