MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bug in vbulletin->mybb merge script?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I'm just trying to convert my vBulletin 3.8.7 pl3 to Mybb but when doing the forum permissions this error occurs:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'satfun_bbs.forumpermissions' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM forumpermissions

I have installed an almost empty Mybb at the same account my vBulletin is running on.
Both forums are closed during the merge.

I've just investigated the problem and it seems the table is called "forumpermission" not "forumpermissions".

So I think your merge script has a typo/bug.

How can I fix this? Can I just open up forumperms.php and replace all instances of "forumpermissions" with forumpermission"?

Strange.
Somebody already pointed this out 2 years ago:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-106843.html

But nobody seemed to got the idea to update the merge script since then?
How come?

P.s. I found another one... table attachments should be table attachment (again without the trailing s).
After making those changes to the merge script, all seemed to work fine.
Open: merge/boards/vbulletin3/forumperms.php

Find (Line 64):
if($data['forumpermissions'] & $val)

Replace With:
if($data['forumpermission'] & $val)

Find (Line 84):
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("forumpermissions", "COUNT(*) as count");

Replace With:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("forumpermission", "COUNT(*) as count");
Thank you, but I already fixed it before. But I wrote this thread to point to the fact that is has not been updated yet.
I hope the coders will update it.

And you also have to change attachments to attachment. Wink
Mybb Merge system has unfortunately not had much of a developer for a while, so some fixes never got implemented.
Just fixed in commit 0e4b66d. Thanks for the report.
Thank you Paul H.
Unfortunately on conversion with my forums there were also some issue's with permissions. I will try that again later with another forum.

@Holyphoenix: That's a pity. The table naming is an easy fix, the problem with permissions after a conversion however is not, so I had to decide to change to another forum software.
I'll try again though with another forum soon.