MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where are the forum IDs? FID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple problems with some plugins and my forum configuration.

I need to know the "FID" or Forum ID of each specific forum. I can not find any reference to this item and searched everywhere, read all the docs and searched the forums for those terms. They are used throughout several areas but only by FID or forum ID .. For example, "This is where you put the forum Id number" Is there a more detailed wiki or other reference that shows all the "terminology" and what they mean? Maybe I just can't see the trees for the forest and this info is staring me in the face ?? Huh

Can anyone tell me where I can find these id's?

Thanks .. Rich

(2014-02-14, 01:01 AM)Rich A Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple problems with some plugins and my forum configuration.

I need to know the "FID" or Forum ID of each specific forum. I can not find any reference to this item and searched everywhere, read all the docs and searched the forums for those terms. They are used throughout several areas but only by FID or forum ID .. For example, "This is where you put the forum Id number" Is there a more detailed wiki or other reference that shows all the "terminology" and what they mean? Maybe I just can't see the trees for the forest and this info is staring me in the face ?? Huh

Can anyone tell me where I can find these id's?

Thanks .. Rich
Problem solved ... I decided to do a search outside of this forum with Google and found the answer. Funny that my search here showed nothing regarding "fid" or "forum ID" etc. but google found a reference to "forum ID" which was an older post here.

Anyway .. In case this might help someone else ... here's the scoop.

ACP -> Forums and Posts
Hover over a forum's name, the fid is displayed at the bottom left of your browser next to fid=(fidnumberhere)

(2014-02-14, 01:05 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Quite simply, it's the number at the end of the URL.

http://community.mybb.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=127 - fid
http://community.mybb.com/showthread.php?tid=151029 - tid

Thanks for the reply Nathan. I guess my 2nd post crossed with yours .. Already found the answer.