MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a costum report box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm wondering how to do this: http://prntscr.com/2sf61q

So people need to add a custom reason once they report something.

I don't want pre-made reason, only that they can fill it in.

I know that it's in the report template, but don't know what to remove, and/or what to ad.

Thank you in advance.
"I don't want pre-made reason, only that they can fill it in. "
There ain't such thing as this!
(2014-02-14, 06:20 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]There ain't such thing as this!

I am not sure if you are aware, but on the Internet (and when writing in general) using ALL CAPS or ending with a single or multiple exclamation points!!! is considered 'shouting'. As in real life, it is unnecessary to 'shout' basic information.

Just trying to help.

(2014-02-14, 04:53 PM)hunter043 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want pre-made reason, only that they can fill it in.

I don't understand. That is the default (they can just fill in any reason). Which theme are you using? And to be clear, you are saying that currently users have a list of reasons to choose from?
@Wildcard baby I was referring to the fact that users can enter anything they like into report field!
I realize that I am off topic, but please read this: http://www.learnthenet.com/learn-about/netiquette/ (Rule #1)

OP I apologize for derailing the thread.
I am using a custom theme, but if you click on the report button, you get several reasons to report for.

Anyone have the code, so people can fill in their own reason? Because on my theme it has pre-made reasons.

Thanks
Just go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> [Theme Name] -> Report Templates -> report

And find the

<select name="reason" . . . . . idk how it looks exactly in your template><options></options></select>

part and replace it with

<input type="text" class="textbox" name="reason" size="40" maxlength="250" />
(2014-02-14, 11:28 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Just go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> [Theme Name] -> Report Templates -> report

And find the

<select name="reason" . . . . . idk how it looks exactly in your template><options></options></select>

part and replace it with

<input type="text" class="textbox" name="reason" size="40" maxlength="250" />
Worked, thanks a bunch!
You're welcome. Cool