MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change postbit message-size when no avatar showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hey guys,

I've tried to edit some style here and there to see if I could figure it out myself but my coding is restricted to simple html/css.

A picture says more than a thousand words so I'll explain it with a picture like I always do: Angel

[attachment=31037]

This probably has something to do with my theme aswell since its created with div's instead of tables.

I'd love to have the height work properly.

Cheers.
Apparently a CSS height or min-height property has been applied to your posts, where it assumes an avatar is present. To fix this, simply find this property and lower or remove it. A link to the problem is always helpful in these situations.

MikeInToshx

Yes there is:

.postbit_message {
	margin-bottom:90px !important;
       color: #333;
}

I know that, but when removing that, it doesn't scale.

p.s: there is a huge link to my website in my signature.
http://computerhelpforum.be/showthread.p...y+passport
It's a custom theme by johnny S? So ask him, he is a good guy.

MikeInToshx

Yes.

He helped me a lot yesterday already, I didn't want to bother him again :p
Minimum height on post content is added due the fact that post author area scaling isn't affecting post content and the only solution (that i could remember at that time) was to add min height. Unlike table cell tags (that are used on most mybb themes in postbit_classic template) where height of one table cell will affect other (in same <tr> tag) cells DIV tags (in this theme) have different behaviour).
Its not a custom theme. Its recolored Twist-SD :p

@MikeIn: apart from that margin-bottom: 90px!important; I can see this too:

.postbit_content {
padding: 10px;
min-height: 229px !important;
background-color: #FDFDFD;
}

and 2 unnecessary <br />

If I remove the nodes and min-height property - it fits fine ...

MikeInToshx

When I change min-height: 229px !important; to 200px this is what happens:

[attachment=31039]

The 2 break tags is probably what I added so the signature stays at the bottom , instead of half the postbit body.

Removing those breaks makes the signature go up in height.. Looks awfull :s

MikeInToshx

Was been solved in PM - Though new theme.

Cheers.